The game between Nigeria and Egypt was the most talked-about match at the African Cup of Nations hosted in Cameroon. The game which was played on Tuesday, January 11th, 2022 gave football fans around the world everything that was expected.
1) Kelechi Iheanacho is Key in the Super Eagles team:The pace and presence of the Leicester City man cannot be overlooked in the Super Eagles team, his attacking ability of the striker was a threat for Egypt and will be key for the Nigerian team going forward in the competition.
2) Augustine Eguavoen’s Afcon’s experience is key to the team:The experience of the Super Eagles interim coach both as a coach and as a player was instrumental for the team. He was able to to get the team prepared for the competition in a very short time.
(3) Mohamed Salah was not in his Element:The Super Eagles defenders were able to stop the pace of the Liverpool player. The Egyptian is known for his pace in the Premier League but the Nigerian team were able to stop his pace despite all his dribbling skills.
(4) Super Eagles are a Competition team:The Super Eagles showed that they were an AFCON team despite the recent sack of Gernot Rohr. Nigeria have the most Semifinal appearances in Africa and this experience was key in the group’s opening game.
(5) Super Eagles were wasteful in front of goal:The Super Eagles should have won the game by at least three goals. This is one area that Augustine Eguavoen must look out gor in the next group game. The secret of winning games is always determined by the number of goals scored, so the players must learn to take their chances whenever they have the chance.
Write A Comments