Ronaldo r*pe lawsuit ‘dropped’ by Las Vegas accuser

Ronaldo r*pe lawsuit ‘dropped’ by Las Vegas accuser

The r-pe lawsuit against Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly been dropped. Ronaldo has denied the allegations made by Kathryn Mayorga that she was r-ped by the Juventus star in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.

Las Vegas police reopened their case last year at the request of Ms Mayorga. But a notice of voluntary dismissal was filed by the accuser last month in Nevada state court, reports Bloomberg.

It is unclear if Ms Mayorga reached an out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo.

In October, Ronaldo said: “I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me.

“R-pe is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.

“Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense.

“My clear conscious will thereby allow me to await with tranquillity the results of any and all investigations.”

Ms Mayorga reportedly reached an out-of-court settlement with the Portuguese footballer in 2010 having never gone public with the allegations.

But she later claimed her trauma from the incident made her incompetent to agree to the settlement.

Her legal team attempted to void a non-disclosure agreement she signed as part of an out-of-court settlement with the player.

Ronaldo’s lawyers stated documents substantiating Ms Mayorga’s claims had been altered with Peter Christiansen adding: “What happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual.”

The court filing means Ronaldo could now participate in the International Champions Cup with Juventus this summer.

Idowu Babalola Photo
Idowu Babalola

Socially Not Social. IG & Twitter - @Idbragga

All author posts
Related Posts
Singer, Beyonce To Remove Offensive Lyrics From ‘Renaissance’ Album
Singer, Beyonce To Remove Offensive Lyrics Fr...

Beyoncé is removing a lyric from her new song “Heated” following criticism from disability advocates and users on social...

Footballer, Paul Pogba blackmail trial set to open in Paris
Footballer, Paul Pogba blackmail trial set to...

Six men linked to Juventus and France midfielder Paul Pogba go on trial Tuesday, accused of blackmail, attempted extortion of millions...

What I share about my husband is nobody’s business – Anita Joseph
What I share about my husband is nobody’s b...

Actress Anita Joseph, has said that whatever she decides to post about her husband on social media is not anybody’s...

Write A Comments