NFF denies Super Eagles coach Eric Chelle’s contact termination rumours

NFF denies Super Eagles coach Eric Chelle’s contact termination rumours

The Nigeria Football Federation has denied Super Eagles coach Eric Chelle’s contact termination rumours.

The Marlian coach was said to be uncertain over his future on the Nigerian job after the results in March’s 2026 World Cup qualifiers which further left the country’s hopes in disarray.

A top official of the football governing body has now described the reports making the rounds about a potential contract termination of Super Eagles coach, Eric Chelle as fake news.

The board member of the NFF told Punch that the executive committee did not convene any meeting as the coach was on his way to Europe, where is expected to meet Nigerian players and also convince some more eligible players to play for the country.

“There is nothing like that,” the board member who spoke on the condition of anonymity told The PUNCH.

“I am a board member and there has not been any issue raised about the contract of the coach. It is all fake news.”

Top of the list to meet in Europe is Arsenal wonderkid, Ethan Nwaneri whose chance of switching his allegiance to Nigeria was further boosted by an England snub during the last international break.

“The coach is going to be in Europe and he is expected to meet some players. Nwaneri will not be left out as well,” our source added.

Chelle was appointed as the Super Eagles coach in January on a two-year deal, which is subject to renewal.

He has overseen just two matches since his appointment, guiding Nigeria to a 2-0 victory over Rwanda in Kigali before a frustrating 1-1 draw with Zimbabwe in Uyo last Tuesday.

Idowu Babalola Photo
Idowu Babalola

Socially Not Social. IG & Twitter - @Idbragga

All author posts
Related Posts
Following Son’s Loss D’banj Makes First Statement
Following Son’s Loss D’banj Makes First S...

It has been a difficult time for Nigerian pop superstar D’banj and his family since they lost their only...

Naomi Campbell Braless At Cannes Film Festival
Naomi Campbell Braless At Cannes Film Festiva...

She’s been one of the biggest names in fashion for over three decades. And Naomi Campbell proved why she’s...

Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey ordered to pay House of Cards producer $31M for violating sexual harassment policy
Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey ordered to p...

Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey was ordered last year to pay nearly $31 million to the studio behind Netflix’s “House of Cards”...

Write A Comments