Jose Mourinho has become the second highest-paid manager in world football after signing a monstrous £15million-a-year contract to become Tottenham manager.
It has emerged that Mourinho will earn almost double the wage of his predecessor Mauricio Pochettino after taking charge at the north London club on Wednesday morning.
This is the first time in Tottenham’s history that they have appointed a manager of Mourinho’s pedigree – he has won 25 trophies in his managerial career – and it seems they have paid a hefty price.
Mourinho’s £15m-a-year salary sees him jump straight into the list of the game’s highest earners at No 2.
He still trails nemesis Pep Guardiola though, with the Manchester City boss signing a new two-year contract in 2018 worth £20m per season.
TOP 10 HIGHEST-PAID MANAGERS
1. Pep Guardiola – Manchester City (£20m)
2. Jose Mourinho – Tottenham (£15m)
3. Diego Simeone – Atletico Madrid (£13m)
4. Rafa Benitez – Dalian Yifang (£11.5m)
5. Fabio Cannavaro – Guangzhou Evergrande (£10m)
5. Zinedine Zidane – Real Madrid (£10m)
7. Antonio Conte – Inter Milan (£9m)
8. Thomas Tuchel – PSG (£8m)
8. Ernesto Valverde – Barcelona (£8m)
10. Jurgen Klopp – Liverpool (£7m)